Thanksgiving Safety Tips
Thanksgiving weekend is here! We’ve put together some tips from NFPA to help ensure Thanksgiving is a safe one for you and your family!
- Stay in the kitchen when you are cooking on the
stovetop so you can keep an eye on the food.
- Stay in the home when cooking your turkey and check
on it frequently.
- Keep children away from the stove. The stove will be
hot and kids should stay 3 feet away.
- Make sure kids stay away from hot food and liquids.
The steam or splash from vegetables, gravy or coffee
could cause serious burns.
- Keep the floor clear so you don’t trip over kids, toys,
pocketbooks or bags.
- Keep knives out of the reach of children.
- Be sure electric cords from an electric knife, coffee
maker, plate warmer or mixer are not dangling off the
counter within easy reach of a child.
- Keep matches and utility lighters out of the reach of
children — up high in a locked cabinet.
- Never leave children alone in room with a lit candle.
- Make sure your smoke alarms are working. Test them
by pushing the test button.
As always, any fire or life safety items, please feel free to email us at email@example.com or call 604-885-6870